Are You Using Video to Connect with Your Readers?
June 10, 2011 Leave a comment
Someone very wise once said, :”the voice sells.” One can interpret that statement in many ways, however for an author this can mean making it a point to stay in front of their fans at every opportunity. I’ve always been in a believer in the idea that “Video says it better.” By simply using a computer and webcam, it is possible not to have to spend a mint to create an engaging video. In addition there are countless way to keep readers and potential readers interested in the themes of your book.
Most people enjoy seeing the human side of their authors, doctors, lawyers, teachers et al. With a bit of advance planning authors can share the key messages of their books:
- create a video commenting on current events or world affairs related to the themes in your book
- Introduce a chapter and discuss how you created the key ideas
- Discuss your process of writing and what inspired you to write
- Reveal to your readers some of your greatest influences
- Read a short excerpt and discuss briefly what it means to you
There’s no doubt that every author should have a You Tube Channel since it’s become an enormously popular spot on the internet.
I recently read an insightful article on more ways authors can use video: http://bookmarketingmaven.typepad.com/book_marketing_maven/2011/06/the-secret-to-creating-an-instant-connection-with-your-readers-and-fans-.html#more